With over 300 islands in its archipelago, Fiji is synonymous with coral reefs, warm blue waters and some of the most superb snorkelling and diving sites on the planet. But as mesmerizing as this natural beauty is, nothing is said to compare with the warmth and hospitality of Fiji's people, who are a fascinating blend of diverse cultures.
Stunningly situated on the picturesque resort destination of Denarau Island, The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa is the ideal choice for your blissful vacation or romantic getaway with a prime location right in the heart of Fiji’s tourism centre.
Numerous tourist attractions are only minutes away from the resort, making your journey as relaxing as it is beautiful. Port Denarau Marina, easily accessible with a 5-minute car ride, is the gateway to the famous Mamanuca and Yasawa Islands, which are the destinations of many sightseeing tours around Fiji.
Port Denarau, however, is a sight in itself, with the many boats and luxurious yachts surrounding the marina. Stroll around the port and find yourself in the midst of the best shopping in Fiji, at the Port Denarau Marina Shopping Centre. Savour the ocean breeze as you indulge in some retail therapy by the water or relax with a spa treatment or a meal overlooking the ocean.
Embrace nature during your trip to Fiji with a visit to one of the South Pacific’s best tourist attractions, the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, just 20 minutes away from the resort. Nestled at the base of the Sleeping Giant Mountain, the garden is home to over 2000 varieties of Asian orchids and hybrids. Its canopy-covered boardwalk, beautifully landscaped lawns, calm lily ponds and the tropical rainforest are sure to refresh you during your holiday.
- Shops and banks are open 8:30am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 2:00pm Saturday. Closed on Sunday and public holidays.
- Public transfers: Meter taxi, buses, chartered taxi
- Appropriate attire: Light and casual
- Travel time from: Australia 4.5hrs; New Zealand 2.5hrs, Los Angeles 10hrs, Tokyo 8hr
Fiji offers a wide variety of natural and cultural tourist attractions. Some of the exciting attractions in the area include:
- Sri Siva Subrahmaniya Swami Temple
- Garden of the Sleeping Giant
- Koroyanitu National Park
- Mt. Evans Ranges
- Nausori Highlands
- Sabeto Hot Springs & Mud Baths
- Navala historic village
For more information on available sightseeing tours to Fiji’s tourist attractions and islands, please visit the Tour Desk located in the Resort Lobby.
- Denarau Marina (Port) 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Garden of the Sleeping Giant 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Vuda Point Marina 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Castaway Island 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Viseisei Village (Historical Fiji) 26.0 km/16.2 miles
- Lautoka City 38.0 km/23.6 miles
- Sigatoka Sand Dunes 66.0 km/41.0 miles
- Sigatoka Town 70.0 km/43.5 miles
- Suva City 190.0 km/118.1 miles
- Natadola Beach 56.0 km/34.8 miles
- Kula Bird Park 76.0 km/47.2 miles